Friday, December 31, 2021

2022 is very welcome here!

Greetings,


It is December 31,2021, and I am impatiently waiting for the new year to manifest and along with it the joy of physically sharing with my artist friends , colleagues and students. When last I chatted with you I had sold my painting to a new collector in Osaka,  Japan.  The painting now resides in an office of a school  AND I have received my $$. 

Spurred on by this sale, I have begun working on a 7 ft oil primed canvas that I was graciously given by a dear friend.  While the primer is drying I begun working on this diptych and am so enjoying its playful informality that I hope to continue this process very soon. Here is a pic of its current state:


And, yesterday, much to my surprise, one of my images  showed up on Artsy- on the same page with Rosenquist, Tracy Emin and Damien Hirst.  Here:


 So,we get to see what the New Year brings-- Hopefully, some of my classes and workshops will meet enrollment!