Saturday, December 19, 2015

Reflections 2015

     It has been a full year since I last posted-- and quite a good year it has been! New teaching venues include the Richmond Art Center, Healdsburg Center for the Visual Arts , Marin Museum of Contemporary Art and an increased number of workshops in other states.  I did a 3 day workshop in Dunedin, Florida and I was treated so well!  And they want me back in 2016.  I also am scheduled to teach at the Bascom Art Center in Highlands, North Carolina and a Pastel workshop through Dakota Pastels at their art center in Mt. Vernon, Washington. ( For more info on my upcoming workshops, please visit the workshop link on my website.) My wonderful workshops  at the Mendocino Art Center continue.  These folks are extremely supportive of my work and I respect their continued efforts to accommodate my artistic needs.

     I was honored to be one of 6 featured artists in an Encaustic Magazine quarterly-- an online venue with a free subscription. In addition, I am currently exhibiting one of my encaustic pieces at the San Luis Obispo Museum of Art in an exhibit called Another Way To Keep A Diary.  It is a very rich and varied representation of professionals working with wax!  Hmm, sold my huge drawing in the Marin Museum of Contemporary Art National Drawing Exhibition and am scheduled to teach an Abstracting the Figure with Mixed Media there in April 2016. My solo exhibition at the Mendocino Art Center in May yielded new contacts in Healdsburg.

     I ended my 13 year consultancy with Venture high school in June. District office policies do change.... I loved working once a week with home schooled high school students in drawing and painting.  Very rich experience.  One door closes and another one opens...so it is said.

     Stay tuned for more commentary-- hopefully it will not be a full year before I post again!