Friday, April 5, 2019

Testimonials from workshop participants and others

Hi Mira:

    I want you to know that it was an excellent 
art workshop you taught this weekend. You
shared fabulous techniques on how to
abstract the figure (or whatever else).
Although it’s probably not as easy as 
you make it seem, you demonstrated  
all-purpose art skills which are viable
for every participant at some skill level. 

     Thank you for this art-heart gift.
      Love, 

          Jan-L. 
Good morning Mira,
Many thanks for all your inspiring & valuable teachings this weekend. I learned so much from you and the other students.
When I came home I discovered that my piece actually speaks to me more, up side down.
Interesting that on right side up, I started with the figure and built around it.
On upside down viewing, the faces just appear out of the abstract.
I am more drawn to the upside down version which I’ve included below.

I will definitely catch up with one of your classes again!
Warmly, Arina

Dear Mira,
  I have to share that I spent my much-beloved coffee time this morn going back into your site, and realized, with much dismay, that I had somehow not seen your work when I had viewed it before... I must have confused you with someone else... embarressing, but true.  Ugh.  Anyway, it does not matter now, because I have pored over every single piece on your site, and am so deeply moved by your work.  It resonated with me on an emotional level, as well as aesthetically.  I love your use of color, and am I intrigued by your range of softness and starkness, and the wide variety of textures that you portray.  It is clear that you have devoted your life to expressing yourself with your art, and you are incredibly gifted and hard-working, prolific as they come, but with amazing quality.  Wow.  I wish I could sit down and have some of the chat time we did not get to experience in person :).
Michelle
.I am an exhibiting artist, I recently had a solo show in Walnut Creek City Hall.I would say that I have learned a great deal from Mira  M. White and my latest pieces have included many of the new techniques I have learned in her classes.
I see the following as Mira's unique talents as a teacher  from Lynn
  1. :§  Mira's unique   ways to use the materials be it watercolor, pastels, collage, oil sticks etc 
  2. §   Her ability to expand my knowledge  through informative  demos
  3. §  Mira's presentation skills which always results in interesting classes
  4. §  Mira's preparation and ability to engage the class.
  5. §  Mira's many examples she brings to class, to once again expand on the possibilities using the  material being taught
  6. §  Her ability to encourage questions and answer them skillfully and respectfully
  7. §  Mira's ability to inform us of current exhibitions and artists we should familiarize ourselves with in the art community at large
  8. §  Mira's ability to visit each student with their different strengths and needs and be able to  help them with their individual questions

I have had the privilege of being a student of Mira's for the last three years, and I can safely say she is one of the most inspiring, prolific, and talented artists I have ever known. When searching for instruction, one usually finds good artists who have no interest in or skill in teaching, or ardent instructors who, regrettably haven't that much artistic talent. Mira is so different in that her passion for her work segues beautifully into her expertise in the classroom studio.  She is intuitive, accessible, and her art speaks volumes about technique and the connection between the artist and the art they produce.  I have found her instruction and support invaluable as I continue on my own artistic journey, and I cannot recommend her highly enough.  If you are serious about your art, do yourself a huge favor and enroll in one of her classes and/or workshops.

Robbee


-->