Thursday, May 2, 2019

A bit more about o my weekly art classes:

NATURE BY DESIGN : DRAWING AS MEDITATION:


I think of the drawing process as a meditation, regardless of the imagery, although I  intend to regard the natural world with awe and amazement when I give myself enough time to really look. My mediums are usually simple, either graphite, colored pencils, pens,  ink.  Papers vary because they offer different effects  and surfaces upon which the tools glide.
Imagery will derive from both the external and our internal environments.
This will be the first time in many years that I offer a class of this sort.  I just feel a need to do so, to offer myself and others in my group a time for quiet and visual contemplation. I hope you will join me.  Beginners are welcome! Contact info:

 NATURE BY DESIGN: DRAWING AS MEDITATION
 June 7, 21, July 5-Aug.9  1-4 pm (8 sessions)
 No class June 14,28
 Lafayette Studio,1136K, Saranap Ave. Walnut Creek
 Tuition: $ 310
 Pre-register: 925 947-5773 mira@mirawhitefineart.com

MATERIALS LIST:

Graphite pencils: H- 6B
Graphite powder ( Weber brand in jar)
Sumi Ink
Fine Line Marker pens- Sharpie type
Colored pencils ( oil based  or watercolor)
Traditional dip pens ( optional)
Papers: 
    Pad of Duralar and/or Vellum 9"x12"
    Pad Yupo  9"x12"
    Mixed Media sketch book for pen work
Additional materials will be approached as needed

MIX THOSE MEDIA:
I offer a mixed media class that includes watercolor, acrylic, soft pastels, sometimes collage and, recently oil, cold wax and pigment sticks. It varies every time I teach it because I get excited about new possibilities. My summer mixed media classes will  take place in 2 locations- one an evening class  in Oakland at Studio One- My other class is an afternoon class in Walnut Creek at Lafayette Studio:Both of these classes , of necessity, are for continuing artists who want to enrich their current practice and expand their visual vocabulary. 

    ABSTRACTION WITH MIXED MEDIA      
   May 16-June 6      (R $112N/R $142)
  July 11-Aug.22 (R$215N/R$257)
  Thurs. 6:30-9:30pm 
  Studio One Art Center,365 45thSt. Oakland
 Pre-register: 510-597-5027
 Ask for materials list

                 MIX THOSE MEDIA: Focus on Abstraction
                 June 3.10, July1-Aug.5,  Mon. 1-4 PM
                 No class June 17.24  ( 8 sessions)
                 Pre-register: mira@mirawhitefineart.com
                 Lafayette Studio,1136K, Saranap Ave. Walnut Creek
                Tuition: $ 310
                 Pre-register: 925 947-5773 Ask for materials list
                  mira@mirawhitefineart.com

WATERCOWATERCOLOR  LOOSE & LUMINOUS   I love teaching watercolor! The flow of the water, its luminosity and potential for involved layering , mixing with other media, encompassing both representation and abstraction-  taking a journey with the paint- it engages me in a very contemplative manner.  My classes focus, for beginners, on wash techniques, brush handling and simple color exercises.  As students develop skills in handling materials and methods, more complex projects are presented.    
   
                       THE  WAY OF WATERCOLOR: LOOSE & LUMINOUS
                June 3,10, July 1-Aug. 5 Mon. 9-12 noon 
                No class June 17, 24
                Lafayette Studio, 1136K Saranap Ave. Walnut Creek
                Tuition: $ 310
                 Pre-register: 925 947-5773/ mira@mirawhitefineart.com
A              Ask for materials list

                 May 15- June 11 R$125N/R$$155 S/T $100
July J                July 3-Aug.14 R$215N/R$257 S/T $195
               Wed. 6:30-9:30 pm 
               Studio One Art Center, 365 45th St. Oakland, CA 94610
               Pre-register: 510 597-5027 
               Ask for materials list



Ask

As