Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Behind the scenes...

 I am sending 3 6ft paintings south  for a 2 month exhibit.  It is rare that I have the opportunity to show big pieces. I found a transporter who will take them for me and that freed me to go ahead and get them ready.  For 3 days they lived on my painting wall ( they are not leaving right away), but now I want to work and so I had to move them to my hall;

Wrapped in plastic with cardboard and towel spacers

Feeling so betwixt and between, very much in transition, I decided to organize my flat files and ended up ripping up for the shredder ( dumpster) about 50 older figure studies- after so many years of just laying around in a drawer- It felt good, cleansing in fact, to make room for new work.

Of course, in my space, 3 6 ft pieces lived on the walls, and taking them down required that I put new work up- or work that I hadn't seen for some time.  I so love those big pieces, but I love even more having breathing space around work.  These replaced the big pieces:



Waterways, mixed media 22"x30"
 


Afloat, Acrylic , Collage 30"x40"

Visitation, Acrylic, collage 48"x60"(not so small


So, enough cleaning and moving art around- back to work!