Sunday, June 6, 2021

An Extraordinary work day in the studio

 Some kind of new rhythm within me.  I have been working in the studio almost daily , mostly the mornings, but today it has been most of the day.  Upping my game, prepping cradled panels with shellac, applying cold wax medium to a couple of finished, mounted watercolors.  And I do not know what to call these works:

 

Flip & Flop, 20"x10"
 
The diptych watercolor was done on a panel previously mounted with blank watercolor paper.  The painting has now received 1 coat of cold wax, back and sides have been coated with shellac. When the wax dries I will buff and apply a second coat. 





#1 Experiment June 6
This 10"x10" watercolor/ collage was done on a piece of watercolor paper about 12"x12", with the idea that I would mount it after it dried. Well, I also used some soft pastel, so after drying, I fixed it with my fixative, mounted it securely on to a cradled panel that had been previously gessoed- with sides and back having already received shellac.  I then coated it with a coat of cold wax.  When it dries I will buff and wax again.

#2Experiment June 6
This watercolor collage is 10"x24" and I don't know what I am going to do with it. I may have to get a custom panel, as I really do not want to frame it behind plexi.

I wonder what's next- I have 6 12"x12" panels mounted with watercolor paper and my original intention was to make this into one large multi-paneled  piece. Who knows?