Saturday, July 4, 2020

Catching up!

Wow,

Here it is July 4, 2020 and I haven't posted in a year--so much changing and happening in our ever shifting planet.  And I am not so sure even what to say.  Most of my recent time has been spent acquiring more skill with  digital communication. Is that my new art form?   It seems that between teaching classes online with wonderful, compassionate and forgiving students, my studio is not very well attended.  I feel a bit like a sunday painter.  Exhibits are few  and sales are non- existent.  To be positive, I am not alone with these perceptions.  Everything is fluid and subject to change- and things in the "art world" are definitely in shapeshifting mode.

I am, however, participating in an exhibit called Slice, July 10- August 16 at the Pence Gallery in Davis, CA.  Here is my piece: Living Lines #2. It is a mixed media piece on a panel 24"x18".  The gallery will be open by appointment to groups of 5 or less.  I do hope to see the exhibit. I am signing off for now and hope to return again soon.  Bye.